1. What do the prices stand for?
The prices listed on our website are per apartment, per night. They are given by month and will be confirmed upon making the reservation of the apartment.
2. What is the apartment check in / check out time?
Usually the apartment should be abandoned from 10:00 to 14:00 Hrs so that it can be cleaned for next guests. Usually this time frame is more narrow such as 11:00 to 12:00 Hrs and the owner can be asked to meet your needs.
3. How do I know if a apartment is available on the dates I want it?
Each individual apartment will be double checked for its availability upon You inquiry about it.
4. How far in advance do I need to book the property?
We recommend booking as early as possible in order to have best selection of properties and dates. However, we strongly advise you to book your transportation (or at least check the schedules) before booking your accommodation, as flights and ferries from/to some destinations do not operate every day.
5. The apartment I want to book has a 3-night minimum requirement but I want to stay for only 2 nights. Is it possible for me to book?
Perhaps. The minimum nights’ stay requirement varies by apartment owner, but it is typically 3 nights. Most apartment owners will accept reservations for shorter stays, but will often charge a 20-30% higher price. If you would like to book an apartment for less than the minimum nights’ stay, please contact us for assistance.
6. Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes, in order for the reservation to be confirmed, you must pay a deposit in advance. The amount varies by property but is typically 20% of the price for each night booked and is non-refundable.
7. How do I book my accommodation?
Booking through our website is easy. Once you find the accommodation that’s right for you, contact us and provide us with all the details of your reservation, including your contact information. Once you/we verify that all the information is correct
8. What payment methods can I use to pay the deposit?
You may pay via your PayPal account or by bank remittance. PayPal is the safest way to pay by your credit card online. The process of activating your PayPal account takes a while so plan ahead or ask a friend to pay instead of you.
9. Do I need to have a PayPal account in order to pay the deposit?
No, it is not necessary to have a PayPal account to pay the deposit.
10. I’ve reserved my accommodation online. Will I receive a confirmation?
Yes. As soon as payment is made, you will receive an automated email from us with "CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION" in the subject line. It will contain full details of your reservation, including the property address and property owner's contact information. Please print this email and bring it with you. If you do not receive this email immediately, please check all mail folders such as Spam and Junk as the emails are sometimes diverted there.
11. I've reserved my accommodation, but I have some follow-up questions about my stay. Who should I contact?
All post-booking questions or comments can be asked by email or telephone to us.
12. I've reserved my accommodation, but now I need to extend my stay. Who should I contact?
It is generally not a problem to extend your stay, provided that the property you booked is available for additional nights. Please contact us to extend your stay and we will modify your reservation for you if possible.
13. How do I get the keys? Will somebody be there to greet me?
Upon receiving the confirmation of reservation, the property owner will contact you via email to discuss your arrival details. He or she will meet you at the property, give you the keys, and help you settle in.
14. I am scheduled to arrive in a couple of weeks and have not received an email from the property owner. What should I do?
It is quite possible that the property owner's email was diverted to your Junk, Spam, or Bulk folders or simply did not go through. If you cannot find the email, please contact the owner at the email address provided on your CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION to inform them of your expected arrival time.
15. How do I pay the remaining balance?
The remaining balance of the reservation is due when you arrive. You will pay the owner directly in cash, in either Euro or Kuna (the local currency). If you choose to pay in Kuna, you must use a 7.3 Kuna/Euro exchange rate.
16. Can I pay the remaining balance by credit card?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to pay the remaining balance by credit card. Some property owners may accept balance payment in advance via bank transfer. If you wish to pay in this manner, and if the owner accepts it, you may contact the owner to ask for his or her bank account information.
17. I want to cancel my reservation. Can I have the deposit money back?
In some cases a property owner may authorize the refund of the deposit if a cancellation is made far enough in advance. However, any such refunds are at the sole discretion of the property owner and may be refused.
No refunds of the balance paid will be given for full or partial cancellations made after guests arrive at the property.
18. I have decided to shorten my stay. Can the deposit I paid for the canceled nights be applied to the balance due for the nights I stay?
No. A partial cancellation of the reservation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit paid for the canceled nights. The deposit paid at the time of booking can only be applied to the dates for which that deposit was charged. Any refund or allocation of deposit funds is at the sole discretion of the property owner and may be refused.
19. I have arrived at the property and have paid the balance for my reservation, but now I need to shorten my stay. Can I get a refund for the canceled nights?
No. Once you have arrived and have paid the balance you are not entitled to a refund for any subsequently canceled nights. When there is a last-minute cancellation, the property goes empty and the owner loses the rental proceeds, which are often their sole source of income. The owner may agree to a partial refund, but any such refund is at the sole discretion of the owner and may be refused.
20. The price on the website is now lower than it was at the time I made my booking. Have I been overcharged?
The prices listed on our website reflect the prevailing prices at that point in time. Sometimes property owners will offer price discounts to generate last-minute bookings or raise prices to reflect improvements to the properties. In these cases, no price adjustments will be made to bookings that were made prior to the implementation of the price change.
21. Will linens and towels be provided, or do I have to bring my own? What about soap and shampoo?
Linens and towels will be provided by the property owner, but you will generally have to bring your own soap and other toiletries. If you have any other specific questions about what is included in the property, please email the owner directly.
22. Will I receive daily maid service in my room?
Cleaning practices vary among private accommodations, but as a general rule maid service is not provided every day. Some owners will provide fresh sheets and towels every 3rd day and cleaning service once a week (for longer stays). If you require fresh towels every day, you may ask the owner directly.
23. I am flying into Split airport. Can you provide a transfer from the airport to my final destination?
Yes, we are happy to offer airport transfers for clients who have booked accommodation with us. Please click here for Split airport taxi and to request a transfer.
24. What about the travel insurance?
The cost of the reservation does not include the travel insurance "package": insurance against accidents and illnesses that may occur during the trip, damage or loss of luggage or voluntary health insurance. In case of cancellation of the reservation due to disease, hospitalization, or death of the client before or during the stay, the agency does not refund the expenses of cancellation unless it is noticed far in advance.
25. Will my privacy be safe when using the Apartments Split agency service?
The client gives his/her personal information on his/her own free will. These data are necessary in order to realize the reservation and to contact the client. The Agency will not provide the personal information of the client to a third party, except for the purpose of achieving the reservation.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding reservations or requests they have made on-line.
With respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
With respect to security: When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information, we redirect visitors to a secure server.